Porter's Story

In October 2011, Seth and I learned that our unborn son, Porter has a condition called Trisomy 13 or Pateu's Syndrome which is not compatible with life. We chose to let God decide when Porter's life will end. These are the lessons we've learned from our Heavenly Father through the life of Porter Gray.
Isaiah 46:4

Monday, January 30, 2012

On a Lighter Note~Week 29 Update

The last post was packed full of many important things I had wanted to tell you about our journey to Porter. This week, I thought we'd keep it simple~

Watch out! The blog will get a make-over soon! Can't wait! Thankfully one of my very good friends is way more blog savvy than me and has offered to make it a little more friendly to the eye! So next time you visit, don't think you've gone to the wrong one!
I am 29 weeks with Porter now! Technically, only 8 weeks until we are full term. Porter's due date is April 16th. You can imagine with Seth being a CPA and in the heat of tax season, these final months will be a challenge as I get bigger and Cam gets heavier!

We just returned from North Georgia after enjoying a long weekend at the lake with friends! We let Cam ride a horse...he thinks he is a real cowboy and now tries to ride our poor family dog, Katie! We ate at the Dillard House which was a real adventure with a two year old. Campbell very subtly threw up on the ride home and my sweet friend snuck out and cleaned up the car seat when I wasn't looking! Now THAT's friendship!



Cam's Best Buddy

The truth is, I wish I could list out every nice thing every person has done for us since all this started, but I'm honestly too afraid I'll leave someone out! God has been taking such good care of us.

Thanks to all your prayers and our Father walking with me through this, I am finally in a place where I am enjoying being pregnant, not worried or afraid at the moment, with only a few tears here and there.

I am enjoying feeling every little movement as Porter continues to thrive. I am not enjoying getting bigger, the back pain that renders me almost unable to walk at times (thanks to a 30+ lb toddler), and dropping everything I touch which then must be picked up. Oh, and I usually drop whatever it is 2-3 times before actually getting back into the upright position. I won't even go into what happens when a sneeze presents itself!

I have much to look forward to in the weeks to come. Grandma D will be coming to help with Cam as well as my parents who usually come once a week to spend time with the little guy.

Next week we'll have our 30 week OB appointment.

Later we'll meet with our pastor to talk about the memorial service. How about that for something to look forward to? But he and his wife and the people at Stonepoint have really reached out to us. Our pastor is encouraging us and wanting us to communicate what we feel would make this special for Porter and how to honor his life. It really means a lot to us. Susan has also been supportive beyond my expectations. Each person has brought something special to us during this time.

Then we'll have our family ultrasound to get a sneak peek at Porter! When I was first diagnosed, I did not want to have any more ultrasounds, but it's interesting how a mother's heart will change over time as you grow to love your baby more and more. Can't wait to share some of those pictures with you!

Prayer requests for those of you who are continuing to lift us up~

~Our friends Kara and Jonathan as they are expecting Dalton at any moment tonight. I particularly cannot sleep and spend much time in prayer when one of these special mommy's is preparing to meet her child. http://devotionstodalton.blogspot.com/

~Spiritual protection as we share our hearts about what God is doing in our lives. The enemy does not like it one bit.
~My physical well being and strength as Seth is working more and unable to help with a very high energy little boy.
~Continued peace and rest in the Lord
~Time with Porter when he comes

Love the Peabody's

You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you.
Isaiah 26:3



1 comment:

  1. Và lúc này điều mà các em quan tâm nhất hẳn là giá của màn hình máy tính t8 mới nhất hiện nay. Làm thế nào để biết giá của một chiếc màn máy tính ở thời điểm hiện tại và những yếu tố nào ảnh hướng đến giá của màn hình máy tính. Nếu bạn cũng đang quan tâm tới thông tin này, hãy tham khảo thông tin ở bài viết dưới đây nhé.
    Giá của màn hình máy tính t8 mới nhất hiện nay

    ReplyDelete