Porter's Story

In October 2011, Seth and I learned that our unborn son, Porter has a condition called Trisomy 13 or Pateu's Syndrome which is not compatible with life. We chose to let God decide when Porter's life will end. These are the lessons we've learned from our Heavenly Father through the life of Porter Gray.
Isaiah 46:4

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Remembering Porter...

I will rejoice over Jerusalem and take delight in my people,
the sound of weeping and of crying will be heard in it no more.
Never again will there be in it an infant who lives but a few days, or an old man who does not live out his years. Isaiah 65:10-20

I am remembering Porter today. Actually,  there isn't a single day that goes by that I don't think of him. Tomorrow we would have celebrated his 2nd birthday. Tomorrow we will have an intimate family birthday party complete with a cake and our annual tradition of releasing paper lanterns. I think we'll do one for each year.

Sometimes, I think about him and what he's doing in heaven with Jesus, while other times I'm overwhelmed with sorrow or even just reflecting on our short time with him. Knowing how special it was to get to hear his cry and hold him in our arms.



Those of you who have been loving and brave enough to remember him with me have no idea how it touches my heart when you come forward and say...

...I thought of Porter the other day when...
...sent me a card
...gave me a hug
...a picture of something that reminded you of him

All of those little gestures are exactly what I need when I need it. Like a hug from my heavenly Father saying, he's here honey and he's doing fine.  Even though I may cry because words cannot express how meaningful they are to me, it's like a little hug from heaven and I sometimes can't help but believe that Jesus and Porter and others that have gone before me are up there talking about his mommy and what it will be like when we are together someday.



Happy Birthday Porter! I love you and Cam and Daddy miss you too. We will have a party in heaven one day and we will all sing together and praise the One who made it possible!



No comments:

Post a Comment